Business is about making good decisions. Chose Mauritius as a destination for your next team building session, seminar, corporate event, presentation or conference.
Business is about making good decisions. And choosing Mauritius as a destination for your next team building session, seminar, corporate event, presentation or conference is a very, very good decision.
Whether you’re rewarding your top achievers, wowing your clients, conducting your annual conference, golfing with your club or travelling in a family or wedding party, we can take care of everything for you.
Planning a huge industry conference can be daunting, but World Leisure Holidays will help to make sure that your group getaway is a truly epic experience.
To help you sell it to the board, our groups department is staffed with creative, logistical and technical experts. These guys love all the brainstorming and planning that goes into creating group getaways, and they make sure they’re packed with innovative, fun and flawlessly managed events.
Our hotels in Mauritius and our experienced ground handlers are equally comfortable with intimate parties of 16 or big groups of 1000.
We can tailor-make packages for group travel to Mauritius, across a diverse spectrum of superb resorts. Beach barbecues, buffets, colourful Sega dancers, red carpets, jazz bands, cooking demos, no problem – we’ll even take your people exploring.
All facilities are equipped with the latest AV technology, projectors, PA systems, CD/DVD players, microphones and flip charts. WLH can tailor a business travel solution to suit your needs, to ensure your event runs smoothly and your promotion a done deal.
And to sweeten the deal, our list of premier accommodation offers great value, which means you can wow your clients, while saving your company money. Win win.
TOP 10 THINGS TO DO
In Mauritius, you can relax by the pool, sip on cocktails and be pampered all day, but there are so many other adventures to enjoy, outside of their resort:
- EXPERIENCE AN ISLET ESCAPADE on the south-east coast. A boat will take you to the 25 hectare nature reserve of Ile aux Aigrettes. Here you’ll find indigenous plants and coastal ebony forests, discover the marine environment by snorkelling or taking a trip on a glass-bottom boat in the protected marine park of Blue Bay.
- RUM ANYONE? It wouldn’t be a tropical island without a sailor’s favourite tipple. Visit one of the distilleries, where local sugar cane is used to brew exquisite spiced rum – in a whole lot of flavours. Yo ho ho!
- THE SEVEN COLOURED EARTH. You’ve seen nothing like this natural phenomenon: The volcanic rock of the island resulted in brilliantly coloured sand in seven distinct colours: red, brown, violet, green, blue, purple and yellow.
- THE DODO: GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN. See the remains of the extinct flightless bird, at the National History Museum in Port Louis, home to one of the few remaining dodo skeletons.
- CLIMB THE VOLCANO. DRIVE INLAND TO TROU AUX CERFS, an extinct volcano overlooking the town of Curepipe. And if you like a good hike, you can make your way to the top of the volcano for awesome views over the island and crater-lake.
- CAN YOU SAY PAMPLEMOUSSES ? VISIT THE BOTANICAL GARDENS – the oldest botanical garden in the Southern Hemisphere, located in the proximity of Port Louis in the district of Pamplemousses. It’s one of the world’s most admired. And it’s pronounced “pump-ler-moose.” So now you know.
- VISIT THE BEAUTIFUL MAHESWARNATH HINDU TEMPLE, definitely worth several photographs, and known locally as “Grand Shivala Triolet” in the village of Triolet.
- ILE AUX CERFS island, Make a memorable visit to some of the world’s most beautiful beaches – right here in Mauritius.
- VISIT VICTORIA 1840 ART MUSEUM & RESTAURANT in the village of Trou d’Eau Douce in the east. It’s an old sugar cane factory that has been converted into a contemporary art museum and restaurant.
- THERE’S NO FOOD LIKE STREET FOOD – and Mauritian Street Food is amongst the best in the world. A unique mix of Creole, African, Indian and Chinese influences; the dishes offer bursts of intricate flavours.
Mauritius really is a paradise, with so much to keep you entertained. So get out there, learn more, experience the culture of Mauritius; work on your tan, but come back to South Africa with some great memories.